Thursday, December 11, 2008

Jinan

Swimming at the hot springs
Hutong area in Jinan
Hot springs
Ciarra getting ready to go bye bye

Yesterday (Wednesday) was a free day at the hotel to catch up on much needed rest. Ciarra only took an hour nap so she fell asleep at 6:30 p.m. and slept til 5:30 a.m. She is sleeping pretty good, only a few whimpers during the night and goes right back to sleep. We finally figured out yesterday that she likes her rice very thin and drinks it from a dish and her milk has to be very warm. She loves sweets so she will fit in very well in our family. I also told Hannah that she loves to put on my shoes just like her. We will have two girls stomping around the house in high heels. The boys will love that. Today we went to a couple of the hot springs. They are 18 degrees C all year round. At one spot there were people swimming even though it was probably only about 45 degrees. We walked around the Hutong area and a couple of older people came up and our guide said they told us the baby would be very happy with us in the United States. They seemed very happy for Ciarra.
I hope everyone is enjoying the pictures and we so appreciate your thoughts and prayers. It makes us feel a little at home to read the comments and emails.
Our Bethany branch did a very good job of preparing us for what we may face here in China. We are so blessed to have been chosen to be this precious little girl's parents. We are so thankful that she was well cared for and can't help but feel for the foster family who loved and cared for her the past 9 months. The orphanage gave us 4 photos at our visit and I can't wait to get the camera developed from her foster family.
Tomorrow we will pick up the passport in the afternoon and our flight leaves here at 7:40 p.m. and we arrive in Guangzhou around 10:00. I think both the families here are ready for warmer weather and better food. We will be calling for basketball updates.
Description

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just can't wait each morning to read about your darling daughter and your travels. Still cold here but no wind yesterday. Take care and you have our love & prayers.
Grandma D

Joyce Billups said...

Amber and Hannah wonder if the dress Ciarra is wearing is one that Amber gave her? We want to know if you had "good food to eat yesterday?" Hannah says, "I love my mom and dad and miss them and I think Ciarra's hair pretty." We also want to know "what's Ciarra's favorite toy she likes to play with?"
From Hannah and her kindergarten friends

Joyce Billups said...

Looks like you are enjoying learning to know your new daughter! I'm sure there are some frustrating times but just rest in the fact that God joined you as a family and has a plan for you! I wanted you both to know that I pick and choose what I read to the class...sometimes I just stop because it brings tears to my eyes....how fortunte Ciarra is to have a loving family. Everyday I ask Hannah what she wants to tell you and she always says I miss mom and dad. Even though she writes this each day, I just wanted to reassure you that she is doing fine. She's had a few moments but a big hug takes care of it and she's off playing with her friends! She is SO excited each morning she comes to school and wants to get the computer out and share the pictures. She beems when telling about Ciarra! Tuesday when we didn't have school I know Bobbie called and had Hannah come up and play for the afternoon and I know they had fun. We will continue to remember you in our prayers and look forward to a new addition to the neighborhood!! Take care! Joyce

Patricia Ann said...

Everyday when I get to work I check your site to see what "news" you have. Such a great way to share your experience. Ciarra is such a doll!! I keep thinking that next week you will be back in Iowa, your WHOLE family together. How wonderful is that? Enjoy the rest of your trip and get rest when you can.
Pat Weidman